• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

“IPL Won’t Be Moved Overseas”: BCCI Secretary Jay Shah Confirms After Lok Sabha Election Date Announcement | Cricket News

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Business
“IPL Won’t Be Moved Overseas”: BCCI Secretary Jay Shah Confirms After Lok Sabha Election Date Announcement | Cricket News
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


IPL 2024: File photo of BCCI secretary Jay Shah© AFP

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has secretary Jay Shah has confirmed in an interview that the Indian Premier League (IPL) will not be moved overseas. This comes after reports claimed apart of the cash-rich T20 league might be shifted to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) due to the General Elections in India. The General Election dates were announced on Saturday. After the election date announcement, BCCI secretary Jay Shah said in an interview that IPL would not be shifted.

“No, it won’t be moved overseas,” Shah told Cricbuzz on Saturday. The elections will be held from April 19 to June 4. The IPL starts on March 22 with a match in Chennai between MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore. So far, the first two weeks’ dates have been announced.

IPL chairman Arun Dhumal on Saturday also dismissed speculation that the league would be shifted to the UAE due to the upcoming general elections in the country between April 19 to June 1. There were endless rumours about the IPL being shifted to the Emirates due to the elections which will be held in seven phases with the reports filling social media about players being asked to deposit their passports with respective franchises.

However, Dhumal set the record straight. “The IPL is not being shifted anywhere. We will soon announce the remaining fixture,” Dhumal told PTI.

The schedule for the first two weeks has been already released with defending champions Chennai Super Kings taking on Royal Challengers Bangalore at home on March 22.

In earlier conversations with PTI, BCCI secretary Jay Shah had categorically maintained that the full tournament will be held in India, just like it happened in 2019, the year of previous Lok Sabha election. They were only waiting for the Election Commission to announce the poll dates.

However, the league was shifted out of the country during the general elections in 2014 when the UPA government was in power. Then the first phase was held in the UAE before returning to India for the second phase.

With PTI inputs

Topics mentioned in this article



Source link

Tags: AnnouncementBCCIboard of control for cricket in indiachennai super kingsConfirmsCricketcricket ndtv sportsDateElectionIndiaindian premier league 2024IPLJayLokMovedNewsOverseasroyal challengers bangaloreSabhaSecretaryShahWont
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
“Affected My Family”: Yuzvendra Chahal’s Wife Dhanashree Reacts Strongly Against Trolls Over Viral Photo With Pratik Utekar | Cricket News

"Affected My Family": Yuzvendra Chahal's Wife Dhanashree Reacts Strongly Against Trolls Over Viral Photo With Pratik Utekar | Cricket News

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Exclusive: Shiba Inu Team Drops Massive Surprise And Sets New Standard For Web3 Experiences Following Shibarium’s Beta

Exclusive: Shiba Inu Team Drops Massive Surprise And Sets New Standard For Web3 Experiences Following Shibarium’s Beta

3 years ago
“Can Put Lipstick On Pig, But…”: Ex-US Official Slams Pak Over J&K Attack

“Can Put Lipstick On Pig, But…”: Ex-US Official Slams Pak Over J&K Attack

10 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2026 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In