• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Health

Bibas family ‘in deep turmoil’ following Hamas announcement

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Health
Bibas family ‘in deep turmoil’ following Hamas announcement
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Article content

The Bibas family said on Tuesday that they were troubled by a Hamas statement earlier in the day that the bodies of Shiri Bibas and her two children, Ariel and Kfir, are among those the terrorist group will return to Israel on Thursday.

Article content

“In the past few hours, we have been in deep turmoil following the announcement by a Hamas spokesperson regarding the planned return of our beloved Shiri, Ariel and Kfir this Thursday as part of the release of hostages’ remains,” the family said in a statement provided by the Hostages and Missing Families Forum.

Article content

“We want to emphasize that while we are aware of these reports, we have not received any official confirmation on the matter,” the statement continued.

“Until we receive definitive confirmation, our ordeal is not over. We kindly ask the media and the public to respect our privacy and refrain from contacting us about this issue.”

Recommended from Editorial

The Israel Defense Forces also responded to the reports, emphasizing that the public should follow official military statements regarding the state of the hostages.

“In the past few hours, unfounded rumors have been spreading regarding the hostages and their families,” the IDF said. “The IDF urges the public to rely only on official statements from authorized sources and to refrain from spreading false rumors that harm the hostages’ families and the public.”

Hamas agreed on Tuesday to double the number of living hostages it will release on Saturday from three to six, and the terror group has also said that it will release the bodies of four dead hostages on Thursday, including those of Shiri Bibas and her two children.

Article content

Shiri Bibas, 33, her husband Yarden, 35, and Ariel, 5 and Kfir, 2, were on the list of the 33 hostages to be released in the first phase of the Israel-Hamas ceasefire agreement. However, Hamas had claimed in November 2023 that Shiri and the children had been killed. Yarden was freed alive on Feb. 1 along with Ofer Kalderon and Keith Siegel.

Eight of the 33 hostages intended for release during the first phase are dead, according to a list provided by Hamas.

Hamas named the Israelis to be freed on Saturday as Tal Shoham, Omer Shem-Tov, Omer Wenkert and Eliya Cohen, all of whom were kidnapped during the terrorist group’s Oct. 7, 2023, massacre. In addition, Hamas said it would also release Avera Mengistu and Hisham al-Sayed, who have been held captive in the Strip for a decade and reportedly suffer from mental illness.

An Israeli official told Maariv on Tuesday that the body of Hadar Goldin will not be returned to Israel this week but is expected to be transferred toward the end of phase one next week.

Hamas has held Goldin’s body since he was killed during “Operation Protective Edge” in 2014.

Share this article in your social network



Source link

Tags: AnnouncementBibasDeepFamilyHamasTurmoil
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
Emma Raducanu breaks silence after terrifying encounter with 'stalker'

Emma Raducanu breaks silence after terrifying encounter with 'stalker'

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Inside Taylor Swift’s Music Battle: A Breakdown of What She Fought for and Why

Inside Taylor Swift’s Music Battle: A Breakdown of What She Fought for and Why

3 months ago
Man Utd hijack Brentford deal just days after furious response to Mbeumo saga

Man Utd hijack Brentford deal just days after furious response to Mbeumo saga

1 month ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2025 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In