• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

Arteta lines up first summer transfer as boss falls ‘in love’ with Arsenal star

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Sports
Arteta lines up first summer transfer as boss falls ‘in love’ with Arsenal star
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Mikel Arteta could use his personal connections to help Arsenal land a high-profile free agent in the summer transfer window, but the race for another target is heating up

Mikel Arteta wants attacking reinforcements this summer at Arsenal(Image: Ryan Pierse/Getty Images)

The international break is halfway done and, as ever, Arsenal fans are praying that all of their players return fit and healthy. There have already been some scares, with Riccardo Calafiori picking up an injury with Italy and Gabriel Magalhaes withdrawing while away with Brazil.

Gabriel withdrew after picking up a yellow card which meant he was suspended for Brazil’s second international. But Calafiori picked up a knee injury during his nation’s clash with Germany on Thursday to give Mikel Arteta a headache.

Arteta is looking ahead to Arsenal’s next game against Fulham on Tuesday, April 1 – a fixture which starts a busy period for the Gunners. They will play Everton on April 5 before embarking on the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid on April 8. He will want everyone to be fit and available for that match.

In the meantime, the international break has brought with it plenty of transfer speculation, as well as some good news regarding an Arsenal player on debut. Here are the latest headlines.

READ MORE: Declan Rice explains what sets Myles Lewis-Skelly apart after history-making England bowREAD MORE: Jadon Sancho handed Man Utd lifeline after being told he ‘can’t stay at Chelsea’

Arteta tempted by Sane

Arsenal are reportedly interested in signing Bayern Munich winger Leroy Sane in the summer transfer window. Sane worked with Arteta when he was a coach at Manchester City and could be on the move at the end of the season.

According to reports in Germany, there has been no progress in talks over a new contract for Sane and the rumour mill has kicked into action. Arsenal are in need of reinforcements in wide areas, with the injury to Bukayo Saka highlighting the over-reliance on the winger.

Sane’s current deal will expire in June and the coming months will be key in determining his future. The 29-year-old Germany international has nine goals and four assists in 35 games for Bayern this season.

Leroy Sane
Leroy Sane is out of contract this summer(Image: Getty Images)

Tuchel ‘in love’ with Lewis-Skelly

Myles Lewis-Skelly became the youngest player to score on their England debut when he netted in the 2-0 win over Albania on Friday night – and the Arsenal left-back earned some effusive praise from Thomas Tuchel.

“Amazing player, amazing personality. He came into camp and showed straight away that it’s normal to fall in love with him,” he said. “This is well deserved. He was full of courage, full of quality. It was a very impressive performance.”

Lewis-Skelly revelled in the historic occasion. he said: “I’m lost for words. I am so grateful for the manager to put trust in me. The fans made me feel at home so thank you to them. These past six months have gone so quickly. I stay in the present and I take every moment as it comes. I found out in the morning in the meeting (he had been selected) and when I saw my name, my heart started to pound. Honestly, it is incredible – this is a day I’ll never forget.”

Myles Lewis-Skelly
Myles Lewis-Skelly celebrates his first England goal(Image: Getty Images)

Competition for Cunha

Arsenal and Chelsea are among the Premier League sides interested in signing Matheus Cunha from Wolves in the summer, but there is fresh competition. Cunha has been in fantastic form this season, scoring 13 Premier League goals for the strugglers and has attracted lots of interest.

The 25-year-old signed a new contract with Wolves in January to extinguish the interest, but it is sure to resurface in the summer. He reportedly has a £62million release clause in his new deal and talkSPORT say Nottingham Forest would be willing to pay it if they qualify for the Champions League.

Forest splashed out £35m to sign Elliott Anderson from Newcastle in the summer, but Cunha would become by far their record signing. Arsenal failed to sign a new striker in January and are expected to renew their search once the summer window opens.

Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.



Source link

Tags: ArsenalArsenal FCArsenal transfer newsArtetaBossFallsLeroy SaneLinesLovemikel artetaStarSummerThomas TuchelTransfer
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
Why Pune Man Regrets Moving To Bengaluru Despite 40% Salary Hike

Why Pune Man Regrets Moving To Bengaluru Despite 40% Salary Hike

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Under-threat UK Balti Restaurants Keep Calm And Curry On

Under-threat UK Balti Restaurants Keep Calm And Curry On

2 years ago
Matthew Hudson-Smith didn't achieve Paris gold but his will to win can't be doubted

Matthew Hudson-Smith didn't achieve Paris gold but his will to win can't be doubted

1 year ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2025 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In