• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Entertainment Sports

8 Man Utd stars fighting for their futures after Andre Onana’s transfer decision

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Sports
8 Man Utd stars fighting for their futures after Andre Onana’s transfer decision
0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


Manchester United boss Ruben Amorim will have some big decisions to make ahead of the summer as the Red Devils attempt to overhaul their fortunes amid a failing Premier League season

22:48, 26 Mar 2025Updated 22:48, 26 Mar 2025

Ruben Amorim is plotting a busy summer at Manchester United(Image: Getty Images)

Manchester United will head into this summer’s transfer window knowing some change is needed. New boss Ruben Amorim will be handed his first true opportunity to shape his squad having had a number of months to assess the players at his disposal during a difficult Premier League season.

The Red Devils were limited in the work they could do in January due to profit and sustainability rules. Combined with a team performing to a substandard level, exits are sure to be high on the agenda as Amorim attempts to overhaul the club’s performance.

Already news has emerged that Andre Onana intends to snub an exit to the Saudi Pro League, unless the Red Devils want to facilitate his exit. United’s No.1 seems likely to be required to produce a confidence-building end to the season to allay any desire to cash-in and replace him.

The former Ajax and Inter star’s back-up Altay Bayindir may be even less secure. The last six months have seen no shortage of reports that the club were looking to strengthen their secondary option and the Turkish ace has produced inconsistent performances

READ MORE: Aston Villa make Marcus Rashford transfer stance clear amid Man Utd uncertaintyREAD MORE: Jadon Sancho suffers fresh transfer blow as Man Utd and Chelsea saga rumbles on

Harry Maguire earned himself another year at Old Trafford, but could yet find himself used as a makeweight to bring in Everton’s Jarrad Branthwaite. With just over a year on his contract, the 32-year-old may have to impress or face an exit.

Time on the sidelines could leave Luke Shaw in a difficult position. Injuries have ensured that the full-back has been unable to make an impact in the last 12 months, and with the addition of Patrick Dorgu in January, his position is less secure than it once was.

Likewise Mason Mount ‘s persistent injury issues will count against him. The midfielder is likely to offer Amorim a useful tool in his system, but his inability to stay fit could see him replace come the summer.

Mason Mount of Manchester United is consoled by Ruben Amorim
Mason Mount has struggled to stay fit for Ruben Amorim(Image: Michael Regan/Getty Images)

Toby Collyer too could be impacted by new midfield additions. The youngster has already been impressive, but may have to go one step further again if he wants to quickly establish himself in the Portuguese head coach’s plans.

It is perhaps United’s failing forward line who will find their futures most at risk. United are already said to have drawn up a shortlist of goalscoring talent, leaving the prospects of Ramus Hojlund and Joshua Zirkzee in doubt in terms of minutes or their status at the club.

While Kobbie Mainoo and Alejandro Garnacho have previously been said to be available at the correct price, the club’s exits will not be dictated by financial issues. And Amorim is unlikely to want to see his best stars leave with replacements in the door.

READ MORE: Premier League’s highest earners list includes two stars Man Utd hope to sellREAD MORE: Man Utd and Ruben Amorim walking £100m tightrope to salvage miserable season

Co-owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has claimed transfers will be based on footballing merit. “No no. We won’t be selling players because of the state we are in financially,” he said earlier this month.

“The club had got bloated so we reduced that and will finish it with a lean and efficient organisation. That’s how we will address the costs. The player decisions will all be focused on how we are going to improve performance. That’s all.”

Ratcliffe also admitted the club would have money to spend in the summer, but sales could influence the transfer kitty. “Obviously that budget changes but upon who we may choose to sell because that would supplement the budget,” he said.

Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.



Source link

Tags: AndreAndre OnanaDecisionFightingFuturesHarry MaguireJoshua ZirkzeeLuke ShawManManchester United FCManchester United transfer newsMason MountOnanasRasmus HojlundStarsTransferUtd
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
The Best Shoe Deals at Amazon’s Big Spring Sale: Adidas, New Balance, Allbirds & More up to 50% Off – E! Online

The Best Shoe Deals at Amazon’s Big Spring Sale: Adidas, New Balance, Allbirds & More up to 50% Off - E! Online

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Jake Paul’s first-choice opponent explains why he rejected million fight

Jake Paul’s first-choice opponent explains why he rejected $20million fight

2 days ago
“Who Are Bigger Sharks”: Vice President On Delay In FIR In Judge Cash Row

“Who Are Bigger Sharks”: Vice President On Delay In FIR In Judge Cash Row

6 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2025 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In