• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, August 31, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

What Sources Said On Trump’s Trade Claim Over India-Pakistan Ceasefire

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Business
What Sources Said On Trump’s Trade Claim Over India-Pakistan Ceasefire
0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter




New Delhi:

US President Donald Trump’s claim that ceasefire between India and Pakistan was achieved with the promise of trade, has been denied by sources.  

India had earlier sidestepped the claims of the US President that he had been the one to broker peace between the two countries, saying the ceasefire talks were held directly with Pakistan after Islamabad dialled New Delhi.

President Trump had made that announcement minutes before the foreign ministry announced the ceasefire on Saturday.  Today, minutes before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s address to the nation, President Trump said he told India and Pakistan that his administration will engage in trade with them only if they end the conflict.

President Trump also suggested that the conflict between the two countries could have spiralled into a nuclear war that would have killed millions of people.

Later in the evening, sources said, “After Operation Sindoor commenced, US Vice President JD Vance spoke to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 9. Secretary Rubio spoke to the foreign minister S Jaishankar on May 8 and May 10 and to National Security Advisor Ajit Doval on May 10. There was no reference to trade in any of these discussions”.

In his address today, PM Modi also reiterated that Pakistan had called with an appeal for ceasefire, bearing the “brunt of the Indian onslaught”. 

New Delhi’s stance has always been to refuse third party mediation when it comes to contentious issues with Pakistan, especially Kashmir. Now, President Trump’s announcement has made the Opposition sit up.

The Congress has sought answers from PM Modi on the US claims and reiterated its demand for a special session of Parliament to discuss the Pahalgam attack, Operation Sindoor and the stopping of military action against Pakistan.

 “We applaud and salute our armed forces unreservedly. They have done the country proud. We are 100 per cent with them at all times. But the Prime Minister has still much to answer for,” said senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Jairam Ramesh.




Source link

Tags: CeasefireClaimDonald TrumpIndiaPakistanNarendra ModiOperation SindoorSourcesTradeTrumps
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
Proof Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet’s Romance Has Kendall Jenner’s Seal of Approval

Proof Kylie Jenner and Timothée Chalamet's Romance Has Kendall Jenner's Seal of Approval

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

See Pregnant Hailey Bieber and Justin Bieber Step Out for First Time Since Announcing Baby on the Way – E! Online

See Pregnant Hailey Bieber and Justin Bieber Step Out for First Time Since Announcing Baby on the Way – E! Online

1 year ago
England rugby team announce new defence coach as Steve Borthwick makes feelings clear

England rugby team announce new defence coach as Steve Borthwick makes feelings clear

11 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2025 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In