• About
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Sunday, November 30, 2025
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
The NY Journals
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
  • Home
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Trending
No Result
View All Result
The NY Journals
No Result
View All Result
Home Technology

OCBC files bid to wind up consumer electronics trader TT International

by Sarkiya Ranen
in Technology
OCBC files bid to wind up consumer electronics trader TT International
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


[SINGAPORE] OCBC has filed a winding-up application against consumer electronics trader TT International, whose debts are being restructured under a scheme of arrangement. 

The company owes OCBC at least S$21.7 million, according to a bourse filing by TT International on Nov 20. Of this sum, S$21.5 million is in unsecured debt and around S$294,000 is in secured debt. 

Under the terms of the scheme of arrangement which it has with its creditors, no creditor shall take any steps to wind up the company until the new scheme is terminated, said TT International.

It added: “The new scheme has not been terminated. OCBC is a creditor of the company and is subject to the terms of the new scheme.” 

TT International previously held a majority stake in the failed Big Box warehouse mall in Jurong East. Its restructuring excludes the Big Box subsidiary which owned the mall. The unit started voluntary liquidation proceedings in September 2018.

In 2018, TT International proposed a new scheme in which it would sell in full 10 wholly owned subsidiaries of the group involved in furniture and consumer electronics sales, for a sum of S$48 million to Seychelles-incorporated firm Celestial Palace. The previous scheme proposed was to convert non-sustainable debts into redeemable convertible bonds, but creditors chose to approve the new scheme.

In July 2019, Celestial Palace decided to invest in TT International instead of buying its assets. It proposed to grant the company a convertible loan of S$48 million, in order to provide alternative funding to help implement the new restructuring scheme. 

TT International also extended a moratorium it previously obtained, which protects it from creditors, as it needed time to obtain necessary approvals from the relevant authorities to facilitate the completion of the convertible loan and the implementation of the new scheme.

However, in December 2023, TT International and Celestial Palace were unable to reach an agreement on the revised quantum of the proceeds from the convertible loan as well as another loan, and they agreed to mutually terminate the loans.

SEE ALSO

TT International then entered into a loan agreement with a new lender, a non-banking financial company registered with the Reserve Bank of India.

Since then, TT International has been holding meetings with its creditors, but voting on the amended new scheme has been repeatedly adjourned. 

It said in a bourse filing on Friday (Nov 28): “The company is assessing the impact of the winding-up application and its next steps.” 

For the half-year ended Sep 30, it reported a net loss of about S$2 million, reversing from a profit of S$1.7 million in the year-ago period. Revenue stood at around S$8 million, down 22.5 per cent from S$10.3 million previously.

Shares of TT International have been voluntarily suspended since Aug 4, 2017. 

Decoding Asia newsletter: your guide to navigating Asia in a new global order. Sign up here to get Decoding Asia newsletter. Delivered to your inbox. Free.



Source link

Tags: BidConsumerElectronicsFilesInternationalOCBCTraderWind
Sarkiya Ranen

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Next Post
Dermstore’s Black Friday Sale Has 30% off EltaMD, Augustinus Bader & Skin Deals Worth Drooling Over

Dermstore’s Black Friday Sale Has 30% off EltaMD, Augustinus Bader & Skin Deals Worth Drooling Over

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recommended

Taylor Swift “Completely in Shock” After Stabbing Attack at Themed Event in England – E! Online

Taylor Swift “Completely in Shock” After Stabbing Attack at Themed Event in England – E! Online

1 year ago
Wayfair Way Day Sale: Best Deals Under  – 4 Pillows for  + 87% Off Linens, Decor & More!

Wayfair Way Day Sale: Best Deals Under $50 – 4 Pillows for $22 + 87% Off Linens, Decor & More!

7 months ago

Popular News

    Connect with us

    The NY Journals pride themselves on assembling a proficient and dedicated team comprising seasoned journalists and editors. This collective commitment drives us to provide our esteemed readership with nothing short of the most comprehensive, accurate, and captivating news coverage available.

    Transcending the bounds of New York City to encompass a broader scope, we ensure that our audience remains well-informed and engaged with the latest developments, both locally and beyond.

    NEWS

    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Real Estate
    Instagram Youtube

    © 2025 The New York Journals. All Rights Reserved.

    • About Us
    • Advertise
    • Contact Us
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Business
    • Technology
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
    • Lifestyle
    • Health
    • Politics
    • Trending

    Copyright © 2023 The Nyjournals

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password?

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In