Julian Alvarez transfer stance as Arsenal target set for offer after snubbed bid

Julian Alvarez transfer stance as Arsenal target set for offer after snubbed bid


Arsenal have been linked with various deals ahead of the summer transfer window

Arsenal have built a squad aiming to compete on four fronts this season but the club will already be planning for the summer transfer window. The Gunners will be recruiting from a position of strength as manager Mikel Arteta aims to guide the team to silverware this term.

Arsenal remain top of the Premier League and their focus now turns to the north London derby on Sunday. They will be wary of facing their rivals in new boss Igor Tudor’s first game as Spurs look to derail their title bid.

Away from the pitch, Arsenal have already been linked with new signings ahead of the next transfer window. Here, Mirror Football takes a look at some of the latest headlines surrounding the club.

Julian Alvarez stance

Atletico Madrid striker Julian Alvarez has reportedly made his transfer preference clear. The former Manchester City star was linked with a move to Arsenal last month and is reportedly valued at around £87million.

MAKE THE MIRROR YOUR FIRST CHOICE! Click here to activate or add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings

World Cup winner Alvarez recently scored against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey semi-finals, taking his tally to 41 in 91 appearances for Atletico. The Gunners are said to be one of several Premier League clubs interested in the 26-year-old, alongside Chelsea and Manchester United.

READ MORE: Rio Ferdinand singles out Arsenal star who can keep help dressing room in title race

Author avatarJohn Cross

However, Spanish publication Sport claim Alvarez would favour a move to Barcelona if he were to leave Diego Simeone’s side. Despite interest from English clubs, it is said that the forward would prefer to stay in Spain.

While that is a blow to Arsenal’s hopes of signing the striker, Barcelona’s difficulty in meeting his transfer valuation offers the Gunners encouragement. Meanwhile, Atletico have reportedly offered Alvarez a new contract in an attempt to fend off interest, despite his current deal running until 2030.

Transfer target set for contract offer

Inter Milan are reportedly similarly planning to prevent Arsenal from making a move for young striker Pio Esposito. The 20-year-old is enjoying a breakthrough season at Inter, registering six goals and assists apiece in 32 games.

Esposito was promoted to Inter’s first team after his productive loan spell at Spezia and the Italy international’s performances have seemingly not gone unnoticed. Italian outlet Tuttosport reports that Inter are working to renew the forward’s contract following interest from Arsenal.

FOLLOW OUR ARSENAL FB PAGE! Latest Gunners news and more on our dedicated Facebook page

The Italian club have already shown their commitment to keeping the highly-rated striker. It was reported earlier in the season by La Gazzetta dello Sport that Inter had previously rejected an offer of around £42m for Esposito from an unnamed club.

Tuttosport now claim the rising star has emerged as a transfer target for Arsenal as the club search for a younger striker to complement their current options. However, it is said that Inter are prepared to triple the youngster’s salary to keep him at the club.

Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Sky Sports discounted Premier League and EFL package

This article contains affiliate links, we will receive a commission on any sales we generate from it. Learn more
Content Image

£43

£35

Sky

Get the deal here

Sky has slashed the price of its Essential TV and Sky Sports bundle ahead of the 2025/26 season, saving members £192 and offering more than 1,400 live matches across the Premier League, EFL and more.

Sky will show at least 215 live Premier League games next season, an increase of up to 100 more.



Source link

Posted in

Sarkiya Ranen

I am an editor for Ny Journals, focusing on business and entrepreneurship. I love uncovering emerging trends and crafting stories that inspire and inform readers about innovative ventures and industry insights.

Leave a Comment